Game Framework for Unity
Game Framework is a free, community supported framework provided with full source code that will help drastically increase the development speed and feature set of Unity games. The aim is to provide the features most games need in a flexible manner with a minimum of coding
- Quick and easy setup of a GameManager to easily manage your game.
- Simple setup of worlds, levels and characters including all the menus that you need.
- Tracking of scores and progress.
- Unlockable items
- Simple in app purchase.
- Standard dialogs such as settings and game over.
- General dialog handling
- Advertising support
- ‘Free prize’ functionality
- ‘Social’ functionality
- Debugging and test functions
- Weighting framework
- Many helper classes and components from Animation through UI
The source code is open and free to use in your games under a license similar to other assets from the Unity Asset Store. If you make modification or improvements please consider submitting them back for inclusion.
Note: For ease of use we will now only release stable versions through the Unity asset store.
The framework is free, however there is also a paid version which contains additional content to get you up and running including:
- 3 UI themes (Cartoon, Space, RPG) - The full Beautiful Transitions asset for beautiful screen and UI wipes and transitions - The full Pro Pooling asset for advanced gameobject pooling - Full 2D runner framework and game sample. - Advanced parallex scrolling script. - Additional 3D models and animations including for free prize - Additional samples - Tutorials - Other content - Priority support and feature requests - Secures future development of this framework
Feel free to try and use the free version, however if you like the framework then please consider the small price of purchasing the paid version to support our efforts in maintaining and developing this framework further.
While developing games, we have slowly built up our own internal framework that lets us quickly and easily create and release new games. It is our wish to contribute and make this available to the community to help others. It is freely available so even those with little or no budget can use it. We appreciate however if you are able to download and rate the Asset Store Package to help support the effort needed to maintain this framework.
If you have any questions then please contact Us.
We appreciate all contributions. If you want to contribute then here are a few guidelines:
- If you want to add a feature, post an issue about it first. Some features are intentionally left out, others may already be in the works, or I may have some advice on how I think it should be done.
- If you want to do a bug fix, please post about it too incase others are already working on it.
- Pull requests should have a single commit. If you have multiple commits, squash them into a single commit before requesting a pull.
- Try and follow the code styling already in place.
The basic principles of contributing using github are:
- Fork the codebase
- Create a branch
- Commit your changes
- Push to the branch
- Open a pull request.
If you have any questions or queries then please contact Us.
The source code is open and free to use in your games under a license similar to other assets from the Unity Asset Store. If you make modification or improvements please submit them back for inclusion.
Copyright (c) 2016 Flip Web Apps, Mark Hewitt
The copyright owner grants to the end user a non-exclusive, worldwide, and perpetual license to this Asset to integrate only as incorporated and embedded components of electronic games and interactive media and distribute such electronic game and interactive media. End user may modify Assets. End user may otherwise not reproduce, distribute, sublicense, rent, lease or lend the Assets. It is emphasized that the end user shall not be entitled to distribute or transfer in any way (including, without, limitation by way of sublicense) the Assets in any other way than as integrated components of electronic games and interactive media.
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.