Line port Anagram Attack from Flash ActionScript 3 to Unity 5.
A literal port of data types, so used ArrayList and Hashtable, instead of List and Dictionary. Then used my repo as2cs to convert model and levels.
LICENSE does not cover third-party content:
TWL06.txt Text files of words from tournament word list cited at Peter Norvig: http://norvig.com/ngrams/
Free clip art from sources cited at start of file names.
Original weekend game jam in Flash: https://github.com/ethankennerly/unconventional-weapon
Flash compared to Unity
My preference for game prototyping productivity:
Flash: 2D. Unity: 3D.
- Free for non-commercial use.
- A lot of people make games in Unity.
- Faster graphics rendering.
- Inspect and edit during play.
- Powerfully animate nested objects.
- Publish WebGL starting as small as 5.5 MB.
- Installed in every major browser.
- Publish SWF starting as small as 4 KB.
- Rename, reorganize, replace nodes and animations still work.
- Share a library symbol anywhere and automatically update it.
- Conveniently preview and customize text, buttons, images, animations.
- Draw images in the editor.
- Compress vector images.
- Conveniently share source code in multiple projects.
- On Windows, conveniently use another code editor.
- Easily program a button.
- Copy and paste keyframes.
- Default keyframe interpolation is linear.
- Minimal need to wire in the editor: Root class linkages.
- Same coordinates for buttons and other objects.
- Descendents of objects conveniently capture button presses on listeners.
- Crisp fonts on all devices.
- Exact layout on all devices.
- Deploy to Android in 15 seconds, iOS in 1 minute, without third-party tools.
Unity Android gotcha:
Unity 5.3.4f1. Windows 10. Android build tools 24. Android failed to build. After downgrading Android build tools to 23, Android built.