take screenshots in the editor with this tool
- Download the Zip from here: Download Project
- Import the Unity Package into your Project. You can move this folder anywhere you want as long as you leave the folder structure.
- Select Window-> and if Screenshot Tool is in the list then it was installed correctly
Steps to Take Screenshots in Editor Window:
- Open the Tool from Window->Screenshot Tool or Control+l on your keyboard
- Dock the window if needed
- Select a camera from your scene and drag it into the camera object field
- Enter a name for the screenshot
- Select a size. This will depict how long it takes to write to disk. 1 = normal
- Select "Select Save Location" and go to the directory you wish to save the screenshot
- Select Capture Screenshot
- View and do whatever you want with your screenshot
Steps to Take Screenshots in Playmode in Editor:
- Attach the CaptureScreenshotPlaymode.cs to your main camera
- Enter Playmode. The component will give you instructions on what is needed
- Follow exactly the steps done for taking screenshots in the Editor Window.
Note: There is a bug in Unity on mac that gives an error when taking playmode screenshots but the screenshot is taken just fine.