Simple Sprite Tile 2D
Unity Extension Type: 2D & Sprite Management
moogle's simple sprite tile 2D Unity Editor Extension
This extension is Requires Unity 5.x or higher. I didn't test it under lower unity versions. But you can test it by yourself.
I decided to make a tile-based top-down game with Unity. But unfortunately, Unity's default sprite-tile system are too hard to use in Editor Mode. So ,This extension can auto-generate tile prefabs with one simple texture.You can quickly make tiles that automatically find neighbors around them, and Auto-Update sprites to fit tiles just like the RPG - Maker tile map.
- Auto snap & adjust Tiles
- Sorting Layer Management
- Auto snap tiles to grid and adjust child sprites for tile
- Esay Drag & Drop Editor Window for tile prefab creation
- Support JSON template for prefab batch creation.
- Add Custom material for 2D pixel Games.
- Auto update Z-order (sorting order) in scene
- Randomize tiles creation
- Lower Draw call
HOW TO MAKE A TILE MAP IN Unity
It is very easy to create RPG Maker - STYLE tiles for Unity.
1) Draw A bitmap like the RPG Maker tilemap. 2) Click [Tools/Simple Sprite Tiles 2D /Tile Prefab Creator] in Unity and drag texture on the editor panel 3) Toggle [Tile ] and Write the tile size and pixel per unit values. Then press [Edit Texture], make sure the sprites are correct. 4) If you want to add custom material , drag your material to the material field. 5) Create Prefab, Add Tile Panel, set the tile-layer name and drag tiles to your game scene.
This extension supports tiles auto-generation with json. You could write your own json files (see sample.json) and load it with your texture.
I wrote a sample code to show how to make a json (see : /Scprits/JsonBuilder/TestGenJSON.cs). It‘s a simple class.
Click [Tools/Simple Sprite Tiles 2D /Tile Prefab Creator] ,toggle [Load From JSON] and add your texture & json files.
About Sorting Order
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2017 moogle / wmltogether