What it does
Provides you with a simple in-editor interface to build for multiple platforms at once.
How to use
- From the menu, click
- Choose a base output folder (each platform will build into a subfolder)
- Add the platforms you want to build for
- Click the green build button
- The scenes that are built are the ones you've selected in Build Settings
- By default the project name is used as a base for all output, but you can disable that and provide a different name if you like
- Your settings are saved in your project at
- After finishing the build, the active target is reset to whatever it was before you started the build
- Be aware that I've only really tested this with the standalone builds right now
I often build for several platforms and found it tedious to keep switching in the Build Settings window.
My first thought was to script it using the command line interface, but you can't run a build of the current project if it's still open in the editor. It's annoying to have to close Unity to do a build.
All the solutions I found were either scripted outside as above or commercial. So I made a small open source version for myself & others.
I'm not going to be spending loads of time on this so if you want a new feature or you find a problem with one of the targets (or want to add more of them), please fork and submit a pull request in the first instance. All contributions welcome!
Copyright © 2017 Steve Streeting
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.