- Extends from UnityEngine.UI.Text
- Has the same performance if no EmojiConfig attached.
- Layout handled by UnityEngine.UI.Text, only replaces UVs of generated text mesh. Thus you can use RichText to change size and color of text. (Emoji sprite wont change color. I disabled it. And you also need to set sizeFactor in EmojiConfig to 1)
- No sub GameObject needed (actually need one for attaching CanvasRenderer). Use CanvasRenderer to render emoji mesh.
- Support hyperlink click event with markdown link syntax.
- Support pre-defined text by markdown predefined text syntax. `predefined text`. And predefined text replacements delegates to
- Support escape character by input \uxxxxx directly.
- Generate your own EmojiConfig with different emojis by using AltasBaker in Emoji -> Atlas Baker (you can use altas baker for other stuff, it reports all UVs and names to AtlasBakerWizard.OnAtlasBaked)
- Works in edit mode.
Idea and some part of code come from Unity-UI-emoji, I changed it to fit my implementation.