Complete Unity Developer 2.0 - Section 4 - Argon Assault.
This is the long-awaited sequel to the Complete Unity Developer - one of the most successful e-learning courses on the internet! Completely re-worked from scratch with brand-new projects, our latest teaching techniques,. You will benefit from the fact we have already taught over 250,000 students game development, many shipping commercial games as a result.
You're welcome to download, fork or do whatever else legal with all the files! The real value is in our huge, high-quality online tutorials that accompany this repo.
By In This Section
Instantiating At Runtime, Make Components Communicate, Create Detailed 2D UI, Use BitBucket, Using Virtual Controls, Craft C# Classes, Customise Particle Effects, Player Power Ups & More (REF: AA_CU2)
How To Build / Compile
This is a Unity project. If you're familiar with source control, then "clone this repo". Otherwise download the contents, and navigate to
Assets > Levels then open any
This branch is the course branch, each commit corresponds to a lecture in the course. The current state is our latest progress.
Here are the lectures of the course for this section...
1 Welcome To Section 4
- This game is based on classics like Star Fox and Panzer Dragoon.
- We will be using Unity 2017's brand-new Timeline facility.
- This will be fast-paced fun rail-shooter.
2 Argon Assault Game Design
- A quick look at an example of a Rail Shooter.
- What are our core game features and priorities?
- Creating a prototype to answer key questions.
3 Update Unity & Create Project
- Update to at least Unity 2017.2.
- Create a new 3D project.
- Set up your repo.
4 Create Terrain
- Add terrain to your level.
- Use the raise and lower terrain tool to make mountains.
- Resize and reposition the terrain.
5 Texture The Terrain
- Find texture assets on the Unity Asset Store.
- Add terrain texture, change scaling, change metalic and smoothness.
- Bump Maps versus Height Maps versus Normal Maps.
6 Add A Skybox
- Procedural versus 6-sided skyboxes.
- Applying skybox asset to your scene.
7 Add Player Ship
- Some performance tweaks to help avoid slowdowns.
- Downloading asset pack for space ship.
- Building modular spaceship.
8 Playing Music Between Scenes
- Ben's "loop injection" method for persistent music.
- Setting the scene with background music (BGM).