ASCII Rendering Shader in Unity
Unity Image Effect that replicates retro ASCII rendering seen in games such as Rogue and Dwarf Fortress!
Simply start by adding ASCIIRendering script to your camera Game Object.
- ASCII Shader: Reference to the shader itself
- CharTex: Characters Texture, it is a texture that consists of a character sprites in a single line. See example in the Textures folder
- Tiles X: Number of characters horizontally, it is recommended to set this value to ScreenWidth/charWidth for the best result
- Tiles Y: Number of characters vertically, it is recommended to set this value to ScreenHeight/charHeight for the best result
- charWidth: Width of a single character in pixels
- charHeight: Height of a single character in pixels
- charCount: Number of characters in a texture
- brightness: Background brigthness of a character, it should be a value between [0,1]
- monochromatic: Should the shader use all of the colors, or only shades of green
You are free to use this shader on all of your projects, commercial or non-commercial, you don’t have to credit me anywhere, even though that would be nice.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SJovGD
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/sjovanovic3107
- Unity Asset Store: https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/32235
- Itch.io page: https://stefanjo.itch.io/