Nowhere Know-How Multiplayer Core
This repository is a multiplayer game framework composed of free assets and tools. The intent is to have users fork this repository when starting a new multiplayer project.
This code has external dependencies. Install these first by following the instructions in the links below.
- Unity 2019.4.5f1
- Install Vivox for Unity from the Asset Store through Unity
- Verify installation by checking that the Assets/Vivox/Plugins directory contains dll libraries.
Get your own keys and credentials
- Sign up for a developer account with Vivox and create a Sandbox Environment. Gather the following keys.
- API End-Point
- API Keys
- Secret Key
- Start Server
- Toolbar -> Run -> Server -> Start Server
- Build Client
- Toolbar -> Build -> Development
- Configure Unity Editor to start Play Mode with initial server discovery scene
- File -> Scene Autoload -> Select Master Scene -> _ServerDiscovery
- Run Client A
- Click Play in Editor
- Run Client B
- Open Build and Run Game
- Create accounts in both clients
- Log in to separate accounts in both clients
- Unity Assets
- Server discovery
- Account registration
- Persistent player location on logout
- Network synchronized third-person movement
- Network scene instancing
- Persistent scene instancing
- Vivox Voice Communication