Table of contents
A common technique for texturing large planes is to periodically tile a single texture, which often results in noticeable and distracting periodic patterns. The Aperiodic Tiling plugin contains a Unity surface shader that removes these noticeable tiling patterns by implementing a state-of-art stochastic tiling system as introduced in the paper by Cohen et al.
- Pattern generator to generate random tilings
- Normal mapping support
- Adjustable Level-of-Detail (LOD)
- Demo scene
- Three example tilesets (basic, flowers and rocks)
- Easy to use user-interface
- Clean, well-documented code
The following screenshots are taken within the included demo scene and demonstrate the removal of the noticable tiling pattern.