2D Unity 2020 Graphic Experiments
Includes 7 different experiments involving Unity’s latest packages.
Below I’ll describe what each scene does uniquely.
Most scenes have a “camera follows mouse position” feature.
Dynamically Flowing Hair & Petals
- Hair and petals flow naturally, as if in wind
- Uses 2D animation bones / particle system, and Effector2Ds and WindZone
- Light beams from eyes follow mouse
- Light beams simulated with cylinder with a removed face and a special material
- Reproduced shaky “eye shine” effect in anime.
- Reflected background galaxy in eyes and hair with RenderTexture & ShaderGraph
Bloody Rain Particles
- Blood flows from nose; red rain particles
Wiggly Text with Blend Mode
- Text wiggles and has additive blend mode using custom TMP shader; other sprites have blend modes
- Utilizes the Blend command
Blurry, Shaky Typewriting
- Camera shakes and blurs sporadically; text tweens scale, opacity, and typewrites
- Shake and blur done via Cinemachine’s Noise property and dynamically setting Depth-Of-Field
Requires the following packages -
- 2D Animation
- Input System
- Lightweight RP
- Post Processing
- Shader Graph
- Unity UI
- Universal RP
Already has the following packages included -
All scripts, shaders, and scene files are distributed under the MIT license.
All art assets are under exclusive copyright; they’ll be used for future games. If they’re used/sold, I will find you 👀