Auto Dark Theme for Unity
Automatically sets the Unity editor theme based on current time or system theme.
Supported operating system for system-based theme switching:
- Windows 10 Version 1903 or higher
- macOS Mojave (10.14.0) or higher
Install from https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/slug/180747.
Clone this project locally and go to
Window > Package Manager > + > Add package from disk... and add
Window > Package Manager > + > Add package from git URL....
This will use the latest released version. You can also append
#master instead of
#release to the URL for the master branch or use
#<tag-or-commit> for a specific tag or commit. See UPM Git dependencies.
Preferences > Auto Dark Theme.
- Enabled - Determines whether the editor theme is automatically changed.
- Change theme based on
System- Follow system theme.
Time- Enable light and dark theme at specific times.
- Enable light theme at - The time of day at which the light theme is activated.
- Enable dark theme at - The time of day at which the dark theme is activated.
Automatic Windows 10 theme switching
Windows 10 does not support time-based switching between its light and dark mode but there is a tool for that:
On macOS, to query the current appeareance, a native plugin is used. You can find the source code here.