A virtual reality game for the Global Game Jam 2019, made for UWP/Windows Mixed Reality platforms.
The theme was “What Does Home Mean To You” and for us a defining feature of home are trees and so we made a game about putting trees on planets. You get the trees on other planets by spinning them and firing tree seeds from your planet across space to (hopefully) another planet.
See original submission at: Global Game Jam Website
Booting up with Unity Editor is the preferred option. (made on 2018.3.3f1 but newer versions probably work - make sure to have the ‘OpenVR’ package installed which can be found under Window > Package Manager).
Try below first, but you may have to enable developer side loading, to do so go to Settings > Update & Security > For Developers > Select Developer Mode.
- Select the version for your system (x64 if unsure, Win32 if it fails).
- Then right click and select Properties > Digital Signatures > Select Signature from the list > Click ‘Details’ > Click ‘View Certificate’ > Click ‘Install Certificate’ > Click ‘Local Machine’ > Select ‘Place all certificates in the following store’ > Select ‘Trusted Root Authorities’ > Click Next > Approve any warning windows You can get rid of this certificate later by typing ‘certmgr.msc’ into the Start Search > launching by administrator > Click Action > Click Find Certificates > Type ‘DefaultCompany’ into Contains > Select certificates that expire 28/01/2020 > Delete Please note that deleting other certificates will cause problems, do at own risk.
- Then double click Acorn_Fling_22.214.171.124_[x64/Win32].appx and follow the instructions on the installer.
How to play
Using the left controller press down the trigger and rotate the controller. Then once you’re happy with the momentum your planet has press on the touch-pad to fire a weapon.
- Adam Steven - Programming and Art
- Feliks Jakimow - Programming
Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0