Escape Room VR: ADDScape 🎮🎮
This is an application that seeks to help conduct psychological tests for children with attention problems through games. It seeks to determine the status and progress of each child, through a virtualization of traditional games, accompanied by more fun components. Thanks to the immersive environment (through VR) and the use of the “Escape Room” game type, as a motivator for children.
It is important to note that it is for children / teens from 13 to 17 years old
How to run
* If you have not Unity 2019.2.5f1 installed
- Install Unity Hub
- Search the Unity 2019.2.5f1 version
- Select the build configurations with SDK and NDK
* If you have Unity 2019.2.5f1 installed without Android Build Support
- Install Unity, you can pay or use the Personal version (https://store.unity.com/download?ref=personal)
- Install the Android SDK, or the Android IDE (which includes the SDK). In this URL you can do it https://developer.android.com/studio
- Using the Android IDE we need install the tools, like ndk, adb, etc. For this, you need follow this pictues that explain the configuration and instalation:
Too see the routes of SDK, JDK and JRE
Create the Environment variables:
- Found “Environment variables” with Windows search.
- This will open the following window, in which you must to click in “Environment variables”.
- Create the variables like is showed in the next picture (the route can change with your system username,in my case is Vivian, but please verify this)
- Open Unity > Edit > Preferences > External tools, and insert the same route of the Environment variables:
- Open your git bash console in the directory of your Unity Projects (see the route in the IDE)
- Clone the project using your Git bash console, in this way:
git clone https://github.com/VivianGomez/BottlesShooter-
- Whith the project BoottlesShooter downloaded, please click on File > Open Project, and open the folder of the project
To run the project using your Oculus Go device.
- Conect the Oculus Go to your PC using the USB cable
- Click on File > Build and Run, and verify that you have the following configuration
Note: If you do not have able the Android Plattaform, you must dowload it from Unity page or the assistant of Unity show to you a download button in the same window of Build and Run.
14 Activate the VR configuration at the same window:
Note: If you need more explanation about the VR and Oculus configuration, use this official guide
- When you have the same configuration of the picture and your Oculus Quest on Developer mode, you can click on Build and run, and wait that the app be executed on your conected device.
Oculus Quest Developer mode:
To begin development locally for Oculus Quest, you must enable Developer Mode in the companion app. Before you can put your Oculus Quest in Developer Mode, you need to have created (or belong to) a developer organization on the Oculus Dashboard.
To join an existing organization:
- You’ll need to request access to the existing organization from the admin.
- You’ll receive an email invite. Once accepted, you’ll be a member of the Organization.
To create a new organization:
- Go to: https://dashboard.oculus.com/organizations/create/
- Fill in the appropriate information.
Enable Developer Mode
Then, to put your Oculus Quest in developer mode:
- Open the Oculus app on your mobile phone.
- In the Settings menu, select the Oculus Quest headset that you’re using for development.
- Select More Settings.
- Toggle Developer Mode on.
Note: If you need more explanation about the Oculus Quest Developer mode configuration, use this official guide