Vive Grip helps you to highlight, grab, and interact with game objects using SteamVR. It leverages Unity’s physics engine with a simple interface that abstracts the powerful ConfigurableJoint component. Examples are included for creating weighted objects, levers, dials, guns, and more.
See the package directory for package details, quick start instructions, and tutorials.
See the examples directory for example usage and scenes.
See the API doc for the code tools summarized.
See the Releases directory for unitypackage files.
Why use Vive Grip?
- Fully supports Unity’s physics systems for realistic interactions
- Intuitive set up with plenty of configurable Inspector options
- Supports HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Windows Mixed Reality, and more
- Extensive plugin system to do custom logic on interactions and grab events
- Joyful experience for both devs and players
If you like Vive Grip and want to show your support, please check out the Asset Store page. It’s an easy way to show your appreciation and get stable updates with Asset Store integration. I also love it when you leave a rating or review because it helps other people find the project.