Introduction To Section 3
Section 3 Assets
- Section Assets Pack
- Previous section project, for Magnus Effect
Unstable Rotation In Unity 5
- The limitations of spinning objects in Unity 5.
- Why unstable rotation doesn’t evolve.
- How to model unstable rotation in game physics.
Introducing Inertia Tensors
- Roughly what is an inertia tensor (I)?
- Unstable intermediate axis
- How Unity Calculates I
- Calculate I for your phone
- Predict it’s unstable axis
Calculating Moment Of Inertia
- How about if two axis are equal?
- Try it with a spinning cylinder.
- Calculate the moment of inertia.
- Render vs. collider mesh influence.
Parallel Axis Theorem
“Newton’s Laws Of Rotation”
- A recap of Newton’s laws of motion.
- How these relation to rotation.
- Important differences.
- Why we’re jumping in the deep end!
Applying Torque To Rigidbodies
- How to use Unity’s AddTorque() method.
- How Inertia Tensor affects rotation.
- Comparing the rotation of two objects.
Vector Cross Products
- What a cross product is.
- Why they are so useful.
- Using WolframAlpha to calculate.
The Magnus Effect
- What the Magnus Effect is.
- How we can approximate ball flight with it.
- Using Vector3.Cross in Unity.
Section 3 Wrap-Up