MetaSprite is an Unity plugin that lets you import Aseprite’s .ase file into Unity, as Mecanim animation clips/controllers. It also has rich metadata support built in, allowing one to manipulate colliders, change transforms, send messages (and much more!) easily in Aseprite.
MetaSprite is currently in early developement stage.
- Doesn’t require external aseprite executable to run
- Blazing fast
- Efficient atlas packing
- Simple workflow, only requiring right-clicking on the sprite file and choose Import
- Extensive metadata support
- Commented (ignored) Layers/Tags
- Manipulate colliders/events/positions/sprite pivots using image data
- Specify clip looping using frame tag properties
- Write custom MetaLayerProcessor for extended functionality
Installation & Usage
Check out releases for unitypackage downloads. You can copy the
Assets/Plugins folder of the repo into your unity project’s asset folder for same effect.
See wiki for explanation of importing, import settings, meta layers and other importer features.
- tommo’s Aseprite importer in gii engine
- talecrafter’s AnimationImporter, where the code of this project is initially based from
If this plugin helped you in your project or you want to support the developement, consider buying me a cup of coffee (°∀°)ﾉ