Joint Editors 2D
This package aims to make it easier for you to use 2D joints in Unity3D.
Made by Firtina (@ToxicFork) Ozbalikci.
License: MIT ( check MIT.txt )
- Much better UX!
- Interactive elements are shown clearly and the cursor changes based on context:
- Customizable visual handles for anchor and joint limit configuration
- Check out the data/settings asset for visual and other configuration 😄
- Context menu on anchors, just right-click the anchor or the limit handles!
- Anchor locking e.g. when you move an anchor, the other one moves with it
- Hold shift and click on any anchor to toggle locking
- Drag any object reference onto the main/connected anchor handles, and it will auto-magically be connected, as long as it has a RigidBody2D component
- Hold control while dragging the handles, this allows you to snap the anchors and limits
- The snapping positions are highlighted by circles
- Can see transparent outlines of all joints connected to the selected object
- Configurable via Settings -> Connected Joints
- Hinge Joint 2D:
- Object movement circles:
- Better limits display (can click and drag the lower/upper limit indicators):
- Hold control to snap to nice angles!
- Slider / Wheel Joint 2D:
- Configure and see angle visually
- Slider Joint 2D:
- Can see and edit limits visually
- Spring / Distance Joint 2D:
- Configure distance visually:
How to use
- You can now download through the Asset Store.
- Otherwise, just add the .unitypackage file from the release to your project ( double-clicking the file should do it automatically )
- Select any object with 2D joints, you will see that the scene view will now show the updated UI
- You can configure each joint’s extra features in the inspector
- You can also tweak parameters in the 2DJointEditors/Data/settings asset!
- Select the 2DJointEditors/Data/settings asset
- Click “Disable 2D Joint Editors”
- You can now safely delete the 2DJointEditors folder