AudioBridge plug-in for Unity
AudioBridge is an external audio processing plug-in for Unity. It analyzes the external audio input and provides audio spectrum data for Unity apps. It is highly optimized and uses low-latency audio APIs to process the audio input. And therefore you can use this plug-in to make well-synchronized audio-visual apps.
At the moment AudioBridge only supports Mac OS X.
There is a demo project in [the test branch] (https://github.com/keijiro/unity-audiobridge/tree/test) of the repository.
For the detailed usage, see this demo project.
- Before launching Unity, select an audio interface for capturing the audio signals in the system sound preferences.
- Import UnityAudioBridgePlugin.bundle into ‘Plugins’ folder in your project.
- Import AudioBridge.cs.
- Add the AudioBridge script component to a game object.
You have to restart Unity to switch to another audio interface.
There are three parameters in the AudioBridge script.
- Band Type - specifies the number of octave bands.
- Sensibility - specifies how fast the analyzer reacts to the input.
- Internal Mode - analyzes the audio output from Unity instead of the external audio input.
The analyzer puts the result into two public properties.
- float  Levels - The levels of each octave band.
- float  MeanLevels - The mean level for a short period of time. Use the Sensibility parameter to change the duration.
The source code for the native module is stored in another repository.
[UnityAudioBridgePlugin for OS X] (https://github.com/keijiro/UnityAudioBridgePlugin)
Copyright © 2013 Keijiro Takahashi
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.