Photon Networking test
I have made a small, work in progress, multiplayer prototype to learn the basics of Photon engine on Unity. There are two scenes, but the interesting one is the “pun-soccer-game”.
What it’s done: In this scence players can join a room and “play”. It’s a limited capture the flag simulation with a soccer ball as the flag. You have to take the ball and reach to the other side to score.
- Auto-assign teams
- Players smooth and prediction movements
- Scores are updated and retained if a player leaves the match
- Reset the scores with ‘Reset’ button
Next possible steps:
- simulate physics for the ball
- more players in the game
- balance the team selection
- multiple roomlists