My attempt at building a finite state machine in Unity3D, inspired by the Animator. Not 100% feature complete.
I stopped working on it because even though making logical state machines with the animator is full of landmines and potential problems, the animator gives you 90% of functionality that you need without the context switching cost of having two similar, yet different systems.
Demo scene is included.
- Complete separation of logic and editor
- Full test-suite
- Nodes, Transitions
- Supports multiple active nodes
Planned Advantages Over Animator
- Better node querying system (ex. GetComponentsInChildren
() equivalent for sub-state machines)
- No animation concepts as point of failures (ex. Transition Duration)
- Instantaneous transitions
- Must import Unity Test Tools from the asset store into your project