Roll a Ball - Unity Tutorial
- First video (15 minutes in) - I made a ground object and a player object (a ball)
- Second video (30 minutes in) - Quick intro to the API for scripting, looks like they have things laid out pretty nicely for different methods to run per frame. I’m using C# to make the ball move by assigning movement to keyboard input. I run the ‘game’ and have a ball moving around in 3D with my arrow keys. Sweet!!
- Third video (40 minutes in) - My camera is following my sphere (by making Camera a child of the Player object), but it’s doing some weird stuff (camera rotates around the sphere). Okay, don’t not make the camera a Child; instead do a script to follow the Player object.
- Fourth video (50 minutes in) - Let’s add some Game objects (walls) around an Empty Game object (so you can reposition the group easier).
- Fifth video (An hour in) - Let’s add in some Game objects for the player to pickup (creating a Fab so we can duplicate it)
- Sixth video (1hr 20 min in) - Now that we have a bunch of objects for pickup, we want to be able to run into them to trigger collecting the items.
- Seventh video (1hr 40 min in) - We add a counter and some GUI elements (e.g. win text)
- Eight video (1hr 50 min in) - We build our game to different target platforms (e.g. Mac, iOS)