Media Playback for Unity on Windows 10
Media Playback plugin for Unity on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
It gives you access to a broad range of media playback features:
- Local files, progressive and Adaptive Streaming (HLS, DASH) playback
- Regular and 360 videos, stereoscopic (3D) and monoscopic
- All formats, codecs and media containers supported by Windows 10
MediaPlaybackDemo is a demo project covering 3 key scenarios:
- Regular video playback with Adaptive Streaming, MediaPlayback.unity scene.
- 360 video playback (mono), MediaPlayback360Mono.unity scene.
- 360 video playback (stereo), MediaPlayback360Stereo.unity scene.
The demo project already has all plugin binaries prebuilt.
Supported Unity versions:
- 2017.3 (preliminary)
How to use
- Download MediaPlaybackDemo release package or open MediaPlaybackDemo project from a cloned repo.
- Look how MediaPlayback.unity and MediaPlayback360Stereo.unity are structured. If you just want to play a video in your scene, use Playback and MediaPlaybackRunner components.
How to build
- Open MediaPlayback/MediaPlayback.sln
- Build Desktop and UWP projects
If built successfully, *MediaPlayback\Unity\MediaPlayback* should have all Unity files required. CopyMediaPlaybackDLLsToDemoProject.cmd script copies plugin binary files to the demo project.
Changes in C# files in the demo project (MediaPlaybackDemo) stay only there. MediaPlayback solution has its own “master” copy of C# files (UnityAddonFiles solution folder). If you change files in either location, make sure you copy them across both folders.