MeshDebugger is an editor tool to visually inspect a mesh. Very helpful if you want to debug your procedurally generated mesh or inspecting ideal parts of your model.
Download + Manual
- Super simple (Just open the window and select a GameObject)
- Dynamic update everytime scene repaint (can be turned off for speed)
- Depth Culling (Reduces visual complexity) and/or only Inspect by fraction part.
- Inspect static mesh with over 65K vertices without lag (and yes, it don’t have to be Unity 2017.3 to use it)
- Many visual choices: Rays (normal/tangent/bitangent), Heatmap or Numbered GUI (triangle/vert index and other properties), Surface Shading (triangle facing, vertex uv and color), etc.
- Support uGUI (Unity UI) and SkinnedMeshRenderer with no additional setup.
MeshDebugger does this in simple order:
- Get complete mesh analytics info
- Draw debug info to a mesh (can be splitted to several mesh if over 65K vert get added)
- Render it all-at-once via
Because MeshDebugger don’t use
Handles, it’s possible to bring inspection into runtime build, although it still need several modification because this is editor-oriented tool.
If enough people interested I can make separate repo for IMGizmos which makes this Immediate Drawing wonderfully simpler and fast.