Eazy ARCore Interface is a Unity3D plugin which makes development and debugging of ARCore projects easier. Specifically, it simulates how ARCore works in an Android device inside of Unity3D editor. Thus, it allows for faster development of ARCore apps, without the need to build and deploy to the device in order to test fuctionality. Debugging of ARCore apps becomes way easier as well, since executing directly in the editor allows you to utilize Unity debug tools. Moreover, to deploy to the actual device, no changes whatsoever are needed. The exact same project can run in the editor and on the device.
ARCore simulation in the editor is done by automatically creating and simulating a detected plane, with which you can interact the same way as you can with an actual detected plane on a device. detected points are not yet supported for simulation. However, they can still be used on a device by accessing them using the native ARCore SDK.
This tool is experimental and not intended for commercial use. Only the basic features of ARCore were implemented and simulated. If complex features and funtionality are desired, you have to make use of the native ARCore SDK or implement them on your own.
- ARCore simulation in Unity3D editor
- Control over simulated ARCore state
- Horizontal and vertical plane detection
- Detected planes and points visualization
- Allows for physics interaction with detected planes (Collisions or triggers)
- detected planes can cast and receive shadows
- API very similar to native ARCore
- No changes required for device deployment
- Import ARCore SDK for Unity (v1.2.0 already included).
- Import Eazy ARCore Interface.
- Add a Layer and a Tag “EazyARDetectedPlane”.
- Drag an ARCore Device prefab into your scene (Assets > GoogleARCore > Prefabs).
- Drag an EazyARCoreInterface prefab into your scene (Assets > Eazy Tools > ARCore Interface > Prefabs).
- In the EazyARCoreInterface AR Camera field, assign the first person camera found in the ARCore Device object.
- Write your own game logic or use the example one (Assets > Eazy Tools > ARCore Interface > Demo > Scripts > HelloEazyARController).
- Play in editor, for development and debugging.
- Deploy to device.
- Support simulated detected points.
- Include option for ARRaycasts to be blocked by other virtual objects (other layers).
- Automate setup through a custom editor (eg. tag creation and assigment).
- Manual setup of simulated scene environment with horizontal and vertical planes.
MIT License. Copyright 2018.