by Stephen Sladek
This is a repo for my VR projects done through the Udacity VR Nanodegree. I’ll post projects as they’re completed as I’m still in progress on the nanodegree. All Term 1 and Term 2 projects have been built using the SDK for Google Cardboard and tested using a Samsung Galaxy S5 running API 19.
- Customized a prebuilt carnival scene to get familiar with the Unity Engine and C#.
- Became more familiar with the lighting, animation and positioning components of Unity by creating an aprtment room.
- This project pulled everything together for Term 1. I did a lot of C# scripting, got experience with lighting optimization, and creating a waypoint system.
- This is actually just a really awesome version of Simon Says. I learned techniques for designing for VR experiences, user testing, iteration and documentation.
- Night at the Museum
- Developed even more experience for VR design. Unlike the previous 4 projects that came with assets to work with, this project was completely done from scratch. I learned basic 3D modelling, and gained more VR design experience.
Projects in Progress
- Rube Goldberg Game
- Focuses on building a game for Desktop VR
- Performance Bounceback
- Focuses on optimization
- Brings it all together to create a custom VR experience
New To Github?
Github is one of the best ways for software developers to store their code and easily make changes that are then tracked and easily shareable with your team of developers. If you would like to learn more about Github, Udacity offers a free course on how to use Github. For the puposes of the VR Nanodgree, you will simply need to download this project by:
- Clicking "Clone or download"
- Clicking "Download ZIP"