Example Unity chat project using Client-Server TCP Sockets to send chat messages between multiple clients.
What does this do?
- Clients can connect to the server
- The server listens for new clients
- Connected clients on the server are given a basic name
- Clients send messages to the server
- Server dispatches messages to all connected clients
- Clients display messages received from the server
- Clients can use commands
- !disconnect (disconnectes user from the server)
- !ping (displays how long requests are taking)
What do the different text colors mean?
- Red is for logs on the server (User has Connect/Disconnected… etc)
- Grey is for logs on the client
- Green is for messages from the server to the client