Bobbin is a small Unity editor tool that automatically downloads files into your Unity project
- downloads files (text, images, etc) from any URL, and/or any publicly viewable Google Docs or Google Sheets without any login or OAuth
- perfect for collaborating with designers, writers, or translators… edit stuff collaboratively in browser, and then auto-import the data directly into your game
- NOTE: it’s up to you to write game code to read / process the files!
- NOTE: this is a one-way no-auth read-only sync, you CANNOT use this to upload local changes back into Google Docs, etc.
- all your settings (URLs and file paths) are saved in a ScriptableObject, convenient for source control
- really lightweight; the core code is just 3 C# files
how to use it
- go to “Releases”, download the latest unitypackage, and import it into your Unity project
- for more info / help, see the Wiki
- pairs well with Yarn Spinner
- tested on Unity 2018.3.2f1
if you need a serious spreadsheet solution, this isn’t it
This is just a simple tool that only downloads files, and does nothing more! For a big fancy tool that can generate data-types / C# auto-completion, here are some better options for integrating spreadsheet data into your game: