DEVN - Dialogue Editor for Visual Novels
A custom Unity Editor tool. A node-based graph editor for creating visual novel scenes.
Follow these instructions to set-up DEVN for your Unity Project.
- Clone this repository using
- Or, alternatively, download the .zip file containing the repository.
- Ensure the DEVN folder is placed inside of the assets folder of your Unity Project, e.g.
- Installation complete!
Follow these instructions to get started using DEVN.
- Create an empty gameobject in your scene hierarchy for the ‘Scene Management’ scripts, found under
DEVN\Scripts\Scene Management\. Place said scripts on the empty gameobject
- Drag-and-drop the ‘Canvas’ prefab found under
DEVN\Prefabs\onto your scene hierarchy
- For the Audio, Background, Character & Dialogue Manager scripts, plug in all of the relevant Canvas objects
- Leave Scene Manager fields empty for now
Creating a DEVN scene
For more details, refer to the FAQs, and/or internal documentation.
Reach out to me on one of these platforms for support/enquiries