Pilot Zero is a space-shooter themed 2D desktop game built with Unity.
The base of this project was initially part of the “Complete C# Unity Developer 2D: Learn to Code Making Games” course at Udemy https://www.udemy.com/unitycourse/.
However, I had a lot of fun building the game and after the module was done there were still many things I wanted to do, so I decided to use what I had previously learned to add new features to the game, which include:
- Menu which the player can choose between three spaceships with different attributes and modify their colors.
- 25 enemy waves with varying difficulty & pathing.
- Final boss enemy with several custom features (i.e. healthbar, unique SFX, unique abilities, etc.)
- Written game story during the introduction and after the game is won.
- Powerup system which randomly generates 4 different powerups (damage, firing rate, movement speed, health bonus).
- Explosion particles for all game characters.
- Pause, instructions, and credits menus.
- “Mission Report” display at the end of the game showing in-game statistics (score, enemies killed, wave reached, etc.)
- And more!