A demonstration of Unity’s LLAPI in the form of a basic Multiplayer Unity3D game. The game has a lobby system and a movement/position syncing system, in order to demonstrate how to send and recieve data using the LLAPI.
Run it yourself
- Run two copies of the game
- Make one copy press host lobby
- Make the other press join lobby
- Make the host press the middle Button
- Both games should start, and are now syncing game data between each other. Move with WASD and see the data sync between players.
There’s some sloppy code because I was learning while making this, but the core functionality should be clear.
Hope this helps!
also, this is in no means a good way to network a game. most elements are hardcoded because it was quick and easy. if you are new to networking, I highly reccomend doing more research into the fundamentals of game networking through writeups or books.