Jacky’s Simple Audio Manager (JSAM)
Never worry about sounds and music ever again!
A quick, easy-to-use, decentralized audio playing system for Unity
Perfect for game jams, prototypes and if you just want to get started on a project quickly
- Easily and intuitively add and play sounds and music!
- Control master volume, sound volume and music volume seperately and easily!
- Fade music in and out!
- Spatialized 3D sound and audio!
Audio Feedback on
- Trigger intersection
- Particle emit and death
How to Use
- Download the latest package here
- Import the package into your Unity project
- Check out the Examples folder for a sample scene showing all the ways you can use AudioManager!
- Everything begins with the AudioManager singleton!
- Drag and drop the AudioManager prefab into your scene
- Add sounds to AudioManager’s audio libraries
- To play your newly added sound, go into any script file and type the following
- Be sure to replace “Shooting” with the name of your sound!
- Note: The name of the gameObject with the AudioFile component will be the string parameter used in AudioManager’s dictionary!
- You can also choose to pass in an audio clip rather than a string to play your sounds
Go ahead and look at all the public functions within AudioManager to see what else you can do!