Jacky’s Simple Audio Manager (JSAM)
Tired of having a billion AudioSources lying about? That will no longer be a reality! Never worry about sounds and music ever again!
A quick, easy-to-use, decentralized audio playing system for Unity
Perfect for game jams, prototypes, or if you just want to get started on a project quickly
- Easily and intuitively add and play sounds and music!
- Control master volume, sound volume and music volume seperately and easily!
- Fade music in and out!
- Spatialized 3D sound and audio!
Audio Feedback on
- Trigger intersection
- Particle emit and death
How to Use
- Download the latest package here
- Import the package into your Unity project
- Check out the Examples folder for a sample scene showing all the ways you can use AudioManager!
- Everything begins with the AudioManager singleton!
- Drag and drop the AudioManager prefab into your scene, you can find it by checking
- Add sounds to AudioManager’s audio libraries
- To play your newly added sound, go into any script file and type the following
JSAM.AudioManager.instance.PlaySoundOnce("Shooting (But Better)");
- Be sure to replace “Shooting (But Better)” with the name of your sound!
- Note: The name of the gameObject with the AudioFile component will be the string parameter used in AudioManager’s dictionary!
- You can also choose to pass in an audio clip rather than a string to play your sounds
using JSAMat the top of your script if you are planning to use AudioManager often!
Go ahead and look at all the public functions within AudioManager to see what else you can do!
Check out the Releases page to see all the latest updates!
If you’d like to see what parts of AudioManager I’m actively working on, you can check out the Trello here!