The SaFrMo Template
MIT license - redistribute, modify, sell, etc. to your heart’s content!
The SaFrMo template collects some of the most useful plugins and utility functions I’ve put together as a Unity developer. These are tools that I find myself importing on just about every project, so making them a public repo seems to be a good way to save myself and others some time in the future.
How do I use it?
- Create a new Unity project at your target destination.
- Download the latest .zip of the SaFrMo template here.
- Unzip the downloaded file to your new Unity project’s root folder.
- Rename the ‘Template’ names as necessary.
- Shader snippets, from the excellent Makin’ Stuff Look Good in Unity channel (link)
- SaFrMo, a collection of utility functions I’ve put together during different projects
- StringEncryption, which enables basic string encryption and decyrption given an arbitrary key (not meant for security purposes, but instead as a deterrent to modifying save files, dialogue assets, etc)
- MenuRefresher, a utility class to auto-populate UI menus (see file for instructions)
- Tooltips, a class to set up tooltips (see Tooltips.cs and Tooltip.cs for instructions)
- VisualTimer, a class to set up visual timers (progress bars, etc. - see VisualTimer.cs for instructions)
- ProximityTrigger, for events when one object is in range of another (see ProximityTrigger.cs for instructions)
- Standard2dMover and Standard3dMover, for basic 2D and 3D movement
- GameObjectHolder, for when you need a script to hold a reference to a GameObject
- Allow count up or count down progress on visual timers
- Generalized RectTransform Follow actions
- Improved creation of UI components (better scaling on RectTransforms, dynamic canvas creation, etc., especially in VisualTimer)
Wish List - Completed
- A utility to create tooltips. Include tooltip text, prefab path or prefab GameObject, target screen position or Transform, and default lifetime for tooltips and/or confirmation/exit button text