Viuw Analytics Unity SDK
Viuw Analytics enables augmented reality app developers to understand user engagement by delivering spatial analytics of user behavior.
Our Viuw Dashboard is currently in open beta. We are actively seeking developer feedback and suggestions. We have a dedicated team standing by to provide developer support if any issues are encountered on the Viuw Dashboard or in the Viuw SDK.
Supported AR Frameworks
The Viuw Unity SDK is compatible with:
- Create and register a scene at www.viuw.io. Create a scene to view your dashboard.
- From your dashboard, generate an API key, Project ID, and Scene ID.
- Integrate the SDK to view scene reconstruction and analytics.
- Download or clone this repository, or see Releases.
- In your Unity scene, add the Viuw SDK folder to your Unity project files.
- Create an empty game object in your scene hierarchy.
- Add the
ViuwSessionscript as a component.
Choose your AR platform from the
Specify your API, projectId, and scene Id from the Viuw Dashboard.
Next, you will configure your scene objects.
Understanding Scene Objects
Scene Object represents a 3D object that you want the Viuw SDK to track and analyze. In the
ViuwManager script component, you will see that a
Scene Object contains 2 fields:
Game Object: This takes a prefab from your scene hierarchy and is used to track your object’s transform during an app session.
Upload Object: This takes a prefab from your project window and is used to upload your object to the Viuw Dashboard, so that it can be visualized.
IMPORTANT: Uploaded prefabs must contain a mesh collider, mesh filter, and mesh renderer for them to be properly heatmapped on your Viuw Dashboard.
For example, to set up tracking and upload for this
Upload your objects to the Viuw Dashboard
- For each object, drag the prefab into the
Upload Objectfield of the scene object. These objects must come from your project window files, not from the scene hierarchy. See the annotated screenshot above.
- When you are ready to upload, press ‘Upload Objects.’
- Upload may take up to several minutes based upon the number and size of selected prefabs. You will receive a success response on successful upload.
- If you receive an error message, follow the instructions in the message and try again.
Track your objects
In order for an object to be tracked in-scene, you must drag the game object into the
Game Object field of a Scene Object. These objects must come from your scene hierarchy, not from your project window. See the annotated screenshot above.
Confirm your integration
You are all set. To confirm your installation and setup, build and run your app in iOS or Android, and check the ‘Individual Sessions’ dropdown to see that sessions are being logged.
Viuw is currently building support for Vuforia, Hololens, and Meta 2. Tell us what frameworks and hardware you would like to see supported: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feedback and Support
The viuw dashboard is currently in beta and we would love to hear your feedback. On the Viuw Dashboard, select ‘Feedback & Support’ on the left toolbar. You can also drop us a line at email@example.com.