Creating circle object in Unity
I found many people wanted to create circle object like a donut. So I tried to create Unity Editor Extension which creates circle object using Line Renderer. The implementation is based on the following youtube movie:
Plus, this project contains a sample mini-game in which a player shoots ripple lasers which is inspired from Salamander (Konami, 1986).
How to use
- Import Assets/Editor/CreateCircleMenu.cs into your project.
- Select [GameObject] -> [3D Object] -> [Circle…] from menu. It will show a dialog.
- Click “Create” button in the dialog.
- “Circle” object will be created in the scene.
How to play demo
- Open “default” scene and run.
- Left click to fire.
- Use WASD to move around while mashing left click.
- Drop all blocks from the platform to clear game.
- Tweak /Assets/Demo/Prefabs/Bullet. Select the prefab in Project window and change following values in Inspector:
- Line Renderer
- Width - How thick the circle
- Bullet Controller
- Distance - How far the bullet goes
- Speed - How fast the bullet goes
- Start Scale - How big the circle on fire
- End Scale - How big the circle when bullet goes Distance.