BEFORE GOING FURTHER
I did this project on my free time when I was a student. At this time I was very ambitious and had a poor understanding of noise functions.
Please do not use this code in your project, or use it as a reference. It is badly designed and bugged.
Since I have no plan to fix this code yet, I will leave it untouched. I keep it online as a memory of that time, and a showcase.
I wish you the best in your project.
Dryade is a toolbox for procedural generation, dedicated to Unity. Currently it provide :
- Relief procedural generation, using fBm algorithm.
- More realistic heterogenous relief procedural generation, using multifractals.
All these tools run using seed system, granting control on randomness.
Include the scripts you want to use directly in your Unity project.
Attach this script to a Terrain GameObject. Call the SetHeightMap function from the update when you want to generate a new relief.
- The H parameter have to be set between 0 and 1.0 . The lower it is, the more sharpened your terrain will be.
- The lacunarity is the frequency of your fractals, and may be set between 2 and 10. A low frequency result in many little relief, a high frequency will give you big compacts ones.
- Octaves is the number of repetion of your fractals, and may be set between 1 and 10. A high octaves will generate more complexicate terrain.
- Divider allow to flatern the whole terrain.
- BaseGround is the level 0 of your terrain. An high BaseGround (close to 1.0) wil generate difference in height.
- Seed provide randomness.
Currently the best tool provided by Dryade, it generates heterogenous realistic and smooth terrains. The different parameter are quite the same that in fBm
- H may be really low for better result.
- Offset work in a way quite similar of BaseGround in fBm, but it’s part of the algorithm, so be sure to not let it set to 0.
Want to contribute? Have any question/request/idea ? Fell free to contact me.
- Procedural river.
- Relief based on hydrography.
- Grant more control on final result.
- Anything to create more realistic natural and beautiful landscape.
Feel free to use thoses script in any of your creations. I will be really glad if you send me some screenshots of your Unity projects which use them.