Search by Component type
Unity’s built-in project search allows searching by asset type (material, prefab, etc) but not by Component type. I’ve found it very useful to be able to search prefabs in a project by Component, since you’ll often have the same component spread out across multiple folders without some identifying name.
How to use
- Open the Search By Type window
- To search by type, simply write
t:before the name of the component. You don’t need to write the entire name - it should auto-complete.
- This project isn’t optimized at all, so will really chug and allocate in larger projects.
- Components in child objects won’t be searched.
- This doesn’t search inside of Scenes either, which would be the most comprehensive thing.