FileLogger is a logging tool for Unity.
Licensed under MIT license. See LICENSE file in the project root.
- Logging to a file and/or Unity console
- Works in edit and in play mode
- Realtime logging
- Logged messages contain additional metadata to help understand what’s happening in the code
- Log messages can display GUID of an object from which logger method was called
- Ability to customize displayed metadata
- Ability to start/stop logging from inspector and from script
- Ability to run logger only for specified classes or methods
- Output messages are formated to be easy to read
- Options to customize logger behavior
- Additional window to control logger even when logger game object is not selected
- Clone repository (or extract zip package) to any location in
- In your code, call one of the FileLogger methods, eg.
Logger.LogString("test"). Remember to include
using FileLogger;at the top of the source code file.
- Run your game (by default logger will start logging in play mode).
- Exit play mode and check the log.txt file in your project root folder.
See more detailed [QuickStart Tutorial](…/…/wiki/QuickStart Tutorial) in the project wiki.
Just create an issue and I’ll do my best to help.
Pull requests, ideas, questions or any feedback at all are welcome.
0Introduces breaking changes.
2Major release. Adds new features.
3Minor release. Bug fixes and refactoring.