EasyLeapUI is a set of tools to quickly and easily create user interactions using the LeapMotion controller. It contains Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) such as buttons, toggle groups, and sliders. Future releases will also contain Natural User Interfaces (NUIs).
A unity packaged version can be downloaded from here: http://www.filedropper.com/easyleapui100
Before you begin
EasyLeapUI requires the Orion software update. It can be downloaded for free from: https://developer.leapmotion.com/orion
The LeapPinchDetector.cs script (already included in this project) is also required for detecting pinches. It can be downloaded for free with the Leap Pinch Utilities: https://developer.leapmotion.com/unity#modules
These are GUIs that you can interact with by pinching.
- LeapPinchButton: Allows actions to be invoked when the button is pinched.
- LeapPinchToggle: A button with an ‘on’ and ‘off’ state. Can be used to perform any two-state actions, such as showing and hiding an object.
- LeapPinchToggle_Group: A group of toggles (LeapPinchToggle_GroupElement) in which only one toggle can be ‘on’ at any time.
- LeapPinchSlider: Allows choosing a floating point value between a specified lower and upper bound.
An example scene is available in the following directory: EasyLeapUI/Scenes/Example.unity
The EasyLeapUI_Examples.cs script shows how methods are hooked to the GUIs and NUIs.
- Write custom shader to render pinch GUIs last
- Add push/touch GUIs
- Add hand state detector NUI