Playstation 1 era retro graphics plugin optimized for Unity’s Universal Rendering Pipeline with Shadergraph. The aim of this plugin was to use Unity’s new pipeline to create NPR (non-photorealistic) PSX-style retro graphics with the shadergraph as the basis for materials and URP’s render features as the basis for post processing effects.
The plugin comes fully-featured with a single lit/unlit graph where you can enable/disable features according to your needs (and even modify them). I segmented every feature into a subgraph to hopefully make it easier to just plug n’ play.
- Lit/Unlit shader variants
- Specular Lit variant
- Camera-based vertex clipping
- Vertex snapping/Jittering
- Texture Pixelation for crushing texture resolution
- Color Precision for lower or higher color Fidelity
URP Render Features:
- Screen-space fog
- Screen-space pixelation/color precision adjustments
- Screen-space dithering
Note: Make sure you set the render features in the pipeline asset
Unity 2019.3.7f1 Universal Rendering Pipeline/Shadergraph (7.1.8)
- Unity’s Shadergraph still has a long way to go when it comes to creating NPR effects. You might experience some lighting clipping issues if you are using the PBR master node. To fix it, I tweaked some settings in the URP pipeline asset settings so they are barely noticeable.
Note: For issues or questions, feel free to drop me an email at Kodrintxps@gmail.com. Ill try my best to answer
- Models open-source from sketchfab
- t-macnaga for render feature post-process
- Alex Lindman for custom lighting nodes
- UnityRenderingExamples for render feature implementation
- Ciro Continision for PBR master node custom lighting implementation
Open-source, use for whatever you want!!! Software is about freedom 😃
I developed this plugin out of passion/nostalgia for retro ps1-style horror games. But, if you found this plugin useful and want to show your support, consider sharing it or buying me a ko-fi.