Celestial Arena (wip name)
Celestial Arena is a turn-based multiplayer game based on the Arena mode of Divinity: Original Sin 2 made in Unity DOTS.
Table of Contents
- Code Monkey (good tutorials)
- DOTS Sample (netcode + dots + physics)
- Turn-based game prototype using ECS
- Systems should only have simple & definable tasks (Keep It Simple Stupid).
- If components always or mostly are used together they should probably be combined.
- Use keyword
infor readonly components &
reffor mutable components.
.Run()for systems with inexpensive update &
.Schedule(handle)for “heavy” systems.
UpdateBefore[typeof(/* system */)]etc to define ordering of systems.
Assets > Create > DOTS- Template code.
Window > Analysis > Entity Debugger- DOTS debugger window.