This is an experimental XR game that lets you shoot a blaster using your fingers as the trigger. It was built using Unity and the Mixed Reality Toolkit, and was tested on HoloLens 2.
When you play, your hands become guns, and you can then use your pointer finger or your thumb as the trigger. Targets are spawned around the world which you can shoot.
How to play
- Launch application
- Select whether to shoot with your thumb or your pointer finger.
- Targets will begin to randomly appear (if they are not, make sure to scan your space).
- Squeeze the trigger to shoot, then release so you can shoot again.
Say “menu” to go back to the menu. Say “play” to play the game.
This project is built with MRTK 2.1.0 and Unity 2019.1.1.14. Requires Microphone, Internet Client, Spatial Perception capabilities in UWP appx.
You are welcome to fork this repo and make changes, or submit PR’s here.
Things that would be nice to add (this could be you!)
Thank you to the following people:
- Bailey Brooks, for design work.
- Patrick Cook, for engineering inspiration.
- Troy Ferrell, for XR-BREAK, which the target system is based off of. You can find it here (it also comes with a great tutorial!).
- MRTK, for a great tool.