The Living Dead
This is my 3rd game made by Unity. I wanted to remake my 1st game that was based on zombies, but had all sorts of errors, shortcomings and etc.
Your goal in this game is to survive as long as you can via eliminating zombies and buying various items from the in-game shop.
For this, you have two weapons:
- a pistol
- an assault rifle with flashlight equiped
You can download a .zip file from here: url.
- Great graphics: this project was done via HDRP(High Definition Render Pipeline).
- Exploration: this is not a small map by any means, so you could take some time to explore it and feel it!
- Sound: this game has both UI, environment, enemy and player sounds and more!
- Particle effects: this game features some particle systems, like vent smoke, weapon fire or fog.
- Animations: both the player and zombies have animations, e.g attacking, running, reloading a weapon.
- Multiple Scenes: game features few scenes, from the main scene, to main menu, pause menu or a game over menu
- Round System: The Living Dead core mechanic is rounds: every round you get a random amount of zombies and you must kill them to proceed to a next round.
- Shop System: You can buy various items, from ammo to utilities that will help you to survive!
- Stuck Zombie Prevention system at spawn: this prevents a zombie from being stuck right at his spawn point, so a player would not wander around looking for it or restart the game.
This is a list of features that I planned to implement, but due to various factors, such as time, I could not.
- Inventory and Loot system
- Player throwables(grenades, mines and etc)
- Interactable environment
- Killstreak/scorestreak system
- Different types of zombies
In this game I used third party assets, starting from 3d objects, audio to animations and particle effects
|Asset Type||Asset Name||Asset Url|
|3D objects||Yughues Free Concrete Barriers||url|
|3D objects/animations/particle effects||Yughues Free Concrete Barriers||url|
|Particle effects||War FX||url|
|Particle effects||Cartoon FX Easy Editor||-|
|UI||Modern UI Pack||url|
|3D Environment||Modular City Alley Pack||url|
|3D objects/particle effects||Modern Guns: Handgun||url|
|State Machine||Unity 3D Finite State Machine||url|
|Asset Pack||Standard assets for Unity 2017||url|
|Font||KG Blank Space||url|
|UI icons||Various icons for the game||UI icon sources.txt|
|Audio||Various audio files||Audio sources.txt|
Before every round, the round system generates a random number between increasing min and max ranges.
That number is going to be total zombies that will spawn for that particular round.
E.g for round number 1, you can expect between 5 and 10 zombies.
for round number 10, you can expect between 23 and 55 zombies.
This game has currency to buy items at the shop.
You gain 200 credits for every zombie killed. Later you can increase it via purchasing an utility item.
Available items at the shop:
|Item Name||Item Cost||Item Description|
|1 Ammo Clip (Assault Rifle)||500||Single juicy ammo clip for your assault rifle needs!|
|3 Ammo Clips (Assault Rifle)||1400||Three is better than one.Use your assault rifle and kill' them!|
|5 Ammo Clips (Assault Rifle)||2700||Ultimate ammo box for your assault rifle.|
|1 Ammo Clip (Pistol)||200||The old and lonely single ammo clip for your pistol.|
|3 Ammo Clips (Pistol)||800||The best bang for the buck!Buy it now white it lasts!|
|5 Ammo Clips (Pistol)||1400||You will kill all the zombies with this bag of 5 ammo clips for your pistol.|
|Shop Radar||0||Displays a distance to the nearest shop.Yay, you already have it!|
|Zombie Counter||10000||Allows you to see how many zombies are there in this current round.|
|Scrooge McDuck||14200||Increases the money given per every zombie killed.|
|Health Regeneration||18900||Makes a player nearly invincible(sort of).Regenerates health every X seconds.|
Looking into a door (3/6/2020)
Spotted a zombie (3/6/2020)
Shooting a zombie (3/6/2020)
Shop Menu (3/6/2020)
- Added the whole project to GitHub.
- Recorded a demo video and uploaded it to YouTube.
- Added proper ReadMe.
- Added images/media.