A Unity implementation for arbitrarily shaped Reverb Zones. Default Unity reverb zones don’t allow for box-shaped rooms, they also don’t allow for overlapping reverb zones with priorities. This implementation seeks to fix that.
There’s a working example included in the project, though here’s some really poor instructions anyway:
- Put a AudioReverbConsumer on the audio listener, set the reverbLayer to where you’ll place your reverb zones (IgnoreRaycast is a good one).
- Create an audio mixer and expose the SFX Reverb variables (you’ll have to rename them too).
- Create an empty gameobject in the scene, and add a AudioReverbArea to it.
- Add a non-mesh collider to the empty gameobject and drag it into the Shape variable of the AudioReverbArea.
- Set the AudioReverbArea preset as desired.
- Ensure emitted audio is targetting the mixer with the SFX Reverb filter on it.