Pon tu semilla (“Place/Plant your seed”) is a VR experience developed in Unity whose objective is to make awareness of climate change. It was developed at the Tecnológico de Monterrey, Querétaro Campus in one week. Specifically developed and tested with Oculus Rift, equiment that was provided by the School and only for delevopment purposes. Project is working with Unity version 2019.3.10f1. Main unity functionalities:
Oculus full functionality, such as:
- Movement, collision and following cameras.
- Distance grabbers that attract pointed objects.
- Reactive objects that can be grabbed when pointed at.
Four main scenes for climate change awareness:
Introduction to the problem with a video.
Calling 911 to put out the fire in the forest.
- Fire is simulated with smoke and fire particle effects and red area lighting.
Organic and inorganic garbage separation
- Two separate garbage cans with colliders.
Planting seeds for reforestation
- The player can grab the glowing (shader) seeds and place/throw them in any position desired. When they reach the ground, a tree will be spawned in that position.