MetaSprite is an Unity plugin that lets you import Aseprite’s .ase file into Unity, as Mecanim animation clips/controllers. It also has rich metadata support built in, allowing one to manipulate colliders, change transforms, send messages (and much more!) easily in Aseprite.
MetaSprite is now ready for production (already used heavily by myself in a WIP action platformer). New features will gradually be added.
- Doesn’t require external aseprite executable to run
- Blazing fast
- Efficient atlas packing
- Simple workflow achieved using the new scriptable pipeline
- Extensive metadata support
- Commented (ignored) Layers/Tags
- Manipulate colliders/events/positions/sprite pivots using image data
- Specify clip looping using frame tag properties
- Write custom MetaLayerProcessor for extended functionality
Installation & Usage
Check out releases for unitypackage downloads. You can copy the
Assets/Plugins folder of the repo into your unity project’s asset folder for same effect.
See wiki for explanation of importing, import settings, meta layers and other importer features.
- tommo’s Aseprite importer in gii engine
- talecrafter’s AnimationImporter, where the code of this project is initially based from
If this plugin helped you in your project or you want to support the developement, consider buying me a cup of coffee (°∀°)ﾉ