The Legend of Z
This game was built as a final project for Oregon State University CS 419 - Software Projects. It was built by Ellard Gerritsen van der Hoop @Ellard24, Michael Hueter @hueter, and Peter Murphy @murphpet. None of us had any game development experience.
We built this in 10 weeks (from September to December 2016) using Unity3d. The scripts are all written in C#.
We used free online assets. We don’t own any of the assets, so we did not include them in this demo repository. We just included our (often times horrible hacky) C# scripts. We wanted to give other people ideas so they could build off ours and make better games.
Here are the sources of most our assets:
Watch the Game
Full YouTube demo by @hueter with only a couple instances of god-mode cheating 😅
Play the Game
Download the zip of your choice under Releases in this repo.
- Ignore the antivirus warning when you open the executable.
- The OSX version is basically in Beta, because the run speed of Link is a bit buggy (probably due to differences in delta T calculations on OS clocks).
- wasd or arrow keys = move
- e = interact
- c = stats screen
- space = sword attack
- left ctrl = bow attack
- z = plant bomb
- g = god mode (full health, take no damage)
- Alt F4 or Command Q (OSX) = Quit the game (while in-game)
Map of the Game
I suck at legalese but here we go anyway.
We do not own nor claim to own any of the Zelda or other game trademarks or copyrights. This is a an educational experiment of making a Zelda clone using free online assets. We will never sell or attempt to profit from distributing any of this content. This was just a fun way for us to wrap up college.