Awesome Toon Shader
A Character concentric Toon Shader for Unity using Shader Graph. This shader use a C# helper script on the object to supply lighting data to the material.
Check out the tutorial for this shader on YouTube:
Awesomeness & Features
- Supports multiple light sources and types
- Adjustable shading bands
- Beautiful gloss and Fresnel effects
- Shade detection with Raycasting (“faked” shadows)
- Not ideal for enviroment shading
- One material per character
- Doesn’t receive shadows directly
- Lights are relative to the character rather than the actual mesh surface position. This difference is usually not noticable, apart from when you are standing on top of a light source.
How to use
- Apply the
AwesomeToonHelperscript to your character (On the Game object with the Mesh renderer)
- Create a material with the
AwesomeToonshader, and set this as the
Materialinput on the
- On the material set a
Shading Gradientto one of the gradients in this repo, or make your own.
- Play around!
Awesome Toon Sub node is not found in the
Awesome Toon shader, delete it and add it back in again, then save.