We rebuilt it from the most advanced pieces of LoadAsset.com, made it better, faster, more relevant than ever. Most importantly, we removed Facebook Login.
You didn’t expect this, did you?!
So what’s new?
You’re gonna love this :)
Complete redesign of UnityList, built for the future!
- Sweet graphics, 4K support and 120hz of pure clean website design.
- New landing page, with sweet new fractals by Jan Jämsén
- Wide screen support. By default, we no longer assume that our average user lives in a cardboard box with a 800x600 resolution screen, so this time we’re filling up all that empty gray space with wonderful content!
- More view modes. We implemented not just a list and thumbnails view, but 4 new whooping ways to enjoy the content!
- More results. We expanded our original limit of 12 results to a whooping 15 results, how generous is that?!
- Share button on every project, filled with every single social media platform we could find on this planet. Sharing on [insert social platform name here] has never been so easy before!
- Much nicer mobile view, really nice tricks were used to achieve this, check it out on mobile, see for yourself ( and please report me back any bugs you may find )
- New redesigned home page, this page replaces latest projects
- Collections. Do you remember those days back in 1998 when we promised you collection sharing? Well, it’s 2018 and it’s time to wake up, Collections section is now available and it works as efficiently as possible!
- Google login. We left facebook in the past, who uses facebook anyways? We now assume that everyone on this world has at least a google account.
- Contacing us is now easier thanks to our new Feedback feature that we copy pasted from LoadAsset.
- View all the projects made by a certain developer at once, for instance check out Keijiro’s work.
- Smarter search, better suggestions, auto-complete, typo correction, oh my!
- Better project info page parsing, missing images detection, emojis support and plenty of more bug fixes.
- And more!
- This is an improved version of the state-of-the-art crawler we built for LoadAsset.
- Complete rewrite of the crawler. All we can say is that it does the magic much faster and more efficiently, and is capable of crawling over 10,000 repositories under 30mins. ( although the interval will remain 4h until we’re sure it works as expected )
- Higher resolution thumbnails, 4k ready!
- Flexibility, our new crawler is no longer limited to github only, we can expand our horizons for other sources like youtube. (Got ideas?)
- New scoring algorithm to filter out all non-Unity related content. No more badly crawled content and other unrelated things.
- Well, no more facebook, so if you want to access your old account then please visit http://old.UnityList.com.
- Some repositories might be missing, but they’ll be back soon.
- No repository submit, we’re still working on it.
- We’re looking for help to improve our crappy thumbnail icons, lack of time resulted in what you see at this moment. If you’re interested in helping us, please drop us a message on twitter ! (@UnityList).
- Each update worsens our design skills, we’re expecting to go down to MsPaint-level work in the following months.
Just as always, this website is purely powered by one man’s personal wallet and a slowly fading motivation due to lack of time. Running this website requires a lot of resources and you can help this poor block to regain his mental strenght to keep on improving this wonderful project.
- Send us a message, we love to hear you out. We would love to know how our search engine helped you with your project, we want to know if you care, even if it’s a simple thanks, just send us some love.
- Want to donate to help that poor man’s forever accumulating server bill? We accept anything you throw at us!
- Sharing is immensely helpful, so if you love UnityList then please consider sharing this website with your friends, coworkers and pets.
It took us several months of motivation and work-life-balancing to get this up and running, so there are many other features we forgot to mention.
Keep on inspiring and share the love! ❤